Friday, November 9, 2012

November Menu Plan & Catching Up

Since moving here I've had a hard time getting into a routine schedule and also I've been trying a lot lately to revamp my recipes and meal options to a healthier, leaner menu.  For about 5-6 weeks of September and October we did really good with the Insanity program.  I lost about 5-6 pounds in those weeks and trimmed up a little, but then we got burnt out. 6 days a week of watching videos that are anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour gets old.  So we took a little break and I've been trying to vary it up a little with yoga, Insanity videos, and other circuit strength training.  It's been hard to get back and it's also been hard to do anything when the weather is cold.  I'd rather get out for a walk or bike ride than workout indoors and I also have a hard time eating healthier when the cold weather hits because all I want is comfort food, with the holidays you are surrounded by treats, and it seems produce gets expensive.  But I'm plugging through and trying to get there.  At least I'm trying right?

As for the November Menu Plan, here goes:
Blue means I'll post a recipe as that day comes

9th: Steak & Broccoli (grilled steak, small baked potato and side of broccoli)
10th: Homemade Chicken Nuggets (family friendly to try and help little Josh with his picky habits)
11th: New Recipe - Cafe Rio Tortilla Soup
12th: Baked Oatmeal

13th: Veggie Fried Rice
14th: Teriyaki Noodle Bowl
15th: Baked Potatoes w/veggies
16th: Jamie's Minestrone Soup
17th: Beach Street Lemon Chicken
18th: Chicken Tikka Masala and Garlic Naan
19th: New Recipe - Black Bean Burrito Bake
20th: BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
21st: Chicken Stir Fry
22nd - 23rd: Thanksgiving
24th: Breakfast - German Pancakes
25th: Debdoozie's Chili
26th: Lean Burger (Hamburger Patty over mixed greens or healthy baked onion rings)
27th: Crockpot Cranberry Chicken
28th: Pizza (Here are my basics for crust and sauce)
29th: New Recipe - Tortilla Pie
30th: French Dip Sandwiches

 That's all for now.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment