Monday, May 28, 2012

Down

First things first, I'm down 2 pounds since last week.  It felt great to see those numbers down and I really have overall started to feel much better.

Jake and I have been running together for the past while and I've really enjoyed it.  Last Saturday we did a 20 minute run (no walking) and I did it sucessfully.  For me the first 5 minutes of running is difficult.  I feel weak and sore, but then after that I feel like I could go for much longer.   So I'm proud that I finished that up last week and am ready to tackle even longer times.  Before trying out the couch to 5k program I hated running.  But that's because I would just run until I'm worn out, my asthma would kick in and I would be hurting badly.  I'm glad that I found something that makes me feel like I can do it without killing myself.  We did a run this morning and I'm averaging about 10:30-11:00 minute miles.  Hopefully I can start cutting that down.  My ultimate goal is to run a 5K this fall with no walking in under 30 minutes (9:40 minute miles). From there we'll see how much more I can get into running. 

We've also been doing the P90X Ab Ripper workout 3 times a week (for 2 weeks now)and I've already noticed a huge difference.  I feel a little slimmer in the waist and definitely stronger in my core.  It's amazing how quickly your body can get fit when you work at it.

As far as food this week, I've had a bit more salads during the week and have been trying to incorporate more vegetables.  I think not having so many celebrations with lots of food, I've been able to  manage my cravings and make better choices.



No comments:

Post a Comment