Saturday, May 19, 2012

Chicken Ribs

This is a favorite recipe from my childhood.  I remember my mom making this often.  It was mostly made on special occasions and her original recipes were with boneless pork ribs (hence the "ribs" in the name).  Eventually the recipe turn into chicken because that's what she had on hand.  This recipe is fabulous with both, but like my mom, I usually do it with chicken.  Throw a side of Augratin/Funeral Potatoes with this and you have a fabulous meal.  Enjoy!

Chicken Ribs

Ingredients:
5-6 chicken breasts
2 cups ketchup
1 cup water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 package McCormick Hickory BBQ Buffalo Wing Seasoning
*(the original recipe calls for 1 tsp. hickory smoked salt, but I can't find that anywhere around here.  The seasoning packet works great)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 minced onion


The best way to cook this recipe is low and slow.  I would recommend either in  a 9X13 pan covered with foil in the the oven @ 250 degrees for 6-8 hours.  Or in the crock pot on low for about the same time.  Once cooked through, uncover and let cool for a little while to let the sauce thicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment