Tuesday, May 14, 2013

New Recipe Review: Trinidadian Stew

For Jake's birthday we tried out this Trinidadian Chicken Stew.  I'm a regular watcher of the food network (it kind of drives Jake crazy), but when I saw Giada make this recipe a few weeks ago I wanted to try it.  And ever since I showed it to Jake, he wanted to try it too. I'm pretty sure it held up to our expectations.

The only things that I changed in the recipe, was using all chicken breast instead of the chicken thighs.  I also used dry thyme and parsley instead of fresh.  Probably could taste better with fresh, but every time I seem to buy fresh herbs I can't get over how expensive they are and how quickly they die out on me.  So in most recipes, I usually go for dry over fresh. 

Besides that I stuck right with the recipe, and it was REALLY good! The chicken had a great sweetness from the dark brown sugar and then the vegetables were cooked just right.  Other than we ate it on a hot day outside, which it would have been better if it were a fall/winter day, it was delicious and so easy!  I'd definitely give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment