Wednesday, May 15, 2013

New Recipe Review: Pizza Without the Red Sauce

We tried this Pizza Without the Red Sauce for dinner tonight and it is absolutely going to be one that we'll try again.

The Verdict: Keeper! The sauce combination is super good with lots of flavor. We were a little worried that there was too much garlic, but it cooks out and really isn't too overpowering.  I'm also a little hesitant to have veggies like tomatoes and spinach on my pizza.  Sometimes either the texture of the tomatoes or flavor of the spinach is too much for me to handle.  But I'm glad to say that the depth of this pizza had everything and I wouldn't say that anything was overpowering the other, but complimenting it nicely.

Changes: Instead of the sweet onion, we did green onion instead.  It turned out really nice.  The only reason I didn't do sweet onion is because we didn't have one on hand.  Not an onion that we use really ever.  We also didn't really get much heat from the jalapeno. So because they don't seem to stay fresh for very long, I think we would bypass the jalapeno in the future and just add either a little cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to add some heat.

I would definitely try this if you haven't.  It is definitely another great recipe to add to our pizza collection.

Some other of our favorite pizza recipes:  Garlic Chicken Pizza, Barbecue Chicken Pizza and the classic Pepperoni Pizza.


No comments:

Post a Comment