Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Cinnamon Sugar

Food often brings on a flood of childhood memories. A tuna sandwich is Sunday Family lunch. Grilled cheese, always with a side of a pickle and chocolate milk is my momma and brother Enoch. Grape juice is my grandmas backyard as we'd pick grapes for fresh grape juice.

Today was cinnamon sugar toast. It brought back a memory of playing with my friend Kate. We'd eat cinnamon sugar toast at her house and afterwards run out to play on the trampoline or bask in her monstrous pile of stuffed animals. That wasn't the only occasion where I had cinnamon sugar toast. It was all throughout childhood and I occasionally snuck it in to my college years.

Now these memories get to be passed to my son, as I made cinnamon sugar toast for his hungry little belly this morning.

Sweet memories...

No comments:

Post a Comment