Thursday, August 30, 2012

Homemade Chicken Stock

After successfully making her fabulous Whole Chicken in a Crockpot last night, I followed her suggestion by making her recipe for homemade chicken stock with the leftover bones and pieces we didn't want to eat.  I had never made my own chicken stock before and I have no idea why not, because this stuff was the easiest. Throw in a few ingredients, turn it on low, and leave it in while you sleep overnight.  And, viola! It's done.  I tasted it this morning and while being a bit short on salt, the flavor was really nice. 

I'm excited to start trying the stock out in some rice, soups, pasta dishes, etc.  I think it will make that much of a difference and it's a step towards less unprocessed foods.

Out of the stock I got 5 cups divided between ice cube trays and 6 cups in baggies.  Should last us a little while.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment